"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Training: Week 11




Well, I am officially late with this post, but I'm going to make sure I keep you all updated... 

Week 11 was my first week of taper (Aug 31 - Sept 6)!  Yay!!  I dialed back the mileage to make sure my legs got some rest and recovery.  In all honesty, I probably dialed back a little too far, but now that all is said and done and it all worked out, I think that's aright! 

Weekly re-cap: 

Monday: off
Tuesday: 5 miles  
Wednesday: 4.5 miles 
Thursday: off
Friday: off 
Saturday: 1.5 miles 
Sunday: 3.5 miles 

Total: 14.5 miles 

One week til the Blue Ridge Relay!! 

During my last run in Chicago, I outran a storm and got some really cool pictures.  My pace was also significantly faster on this run.  Go figure. 






No comments: