"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Monday, March 14, 2016

Spin Class "For The Win"


Last week I tried SoulCycle with a friend.  She had a free pass as avid Chicago fitness gal and she chose to bring me with her to use it.  How cool is that?! 


This was my first experience with Soul Cycle and I'm not going to lie, I was skeptical.  I am a runner and I like to work out alone. I do not normally do well with fitness classes.  They all seem fine and dandy the first time, but I rarely continue.  Nevertheless, I joined her (hey, it was free!!) to try it out. 

Here are my thoughts... Soul Cycle was intense. It was a great workout.  I actually thought I was going to die about 25 minutes in.  It's a good thing I was in a 45 min long class or I would have passed out.  All of that being said, it was so fun and a great workout!  I loved it and I worked my butt off.  

They do a great job of warming you up, then they jump into about 30 minutes that consists of 3 rounds of intense cycling intervals.  After that, you do some light cycling with fun weighted arm moves and then there is a cool-down. The music choices were spot on and really helped to keep my mood upbeat throughout it all. 

I think I might go back.  Time will tell, but I may have "drank the cool-aid" as they say.  I'll keep you posted, however, in the meantime - I believe you should all give it a go. 

After our class we headed to Lyfe Kitchen for some breakfast and coffee.  It was delicious and oh-so-healthy!! 


No comments: