"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

April Running Report

In the month of April I ran 70 miles!  



That's about 5 more miles than March and about 25 more miles than February.  Overall, my goal is to increase my mileage and stay consistent with my workouts.  I was hoping to hit 80 miles, but with two weeks of travel and a busy schedule it just didn't happen.  That's just going to have to be OK for now. 

In addition to running, I've been adding in a lot of abs and plyometric workouts and I can tell!  My average per mile pace has dropped significantly.  I've always been about a 9:45 min per mile runner.  This past month my average per mile pace was 8:45-9:00 minutes per mile!! I don't think I've ever run that fast.  And these runs weren't short - there were three runs over 7 miles in a span of three weeks.  

I'm finally starting to feel like I'm making some progress!  Now let's see if I can keep the momentum going...

Here are some pictures from my April runs in Chicago. 







I also got a few runs in during my trip to NC.  Loved the weather and sunshine down there.  Didn't love the pollen quite as much, but I dealt with it. 





No comments: