"And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places." Roald Dahl

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

2017 Goals

Hi there! It's been a while, hasn't it?  I'm baaaaack.

In December I spent some time soul searching and I thought long and hard about how I wanted to prioritize my life and how I wanted to spend my time and energy in 2017.  As a result, I have a lot of wonderful goals for 2017 that center around self-care, health, unplugging, and pursuing my passions.


In the spirit of starting anew, I'm going to restart this blog thing of mine to help keep me accountable.

  • I've still been running a lot and I rounded out 2016 with about 875 miles.  In 2016, I aim aiming for 1000 miles.  Gotta keep moving forward, right?!  
  • To help fight seasonal laziness, I joined Classpass to get my butt off the couch and sweating in the winter.  So far, my favorite places to go in Chicago are Flywheel, Shred415, and PureBarre. 
  • I've limited my use of social media to 2 times per day and have removed all of social media off of my phone. You would be so surprised what a difference that makes - outta sight, outta mind! 
  • I'm doing my best to be purposeful about who I spend my time with and also really trying to be present and in the moment when I am with friends and family. 
  • I am committed to dry January and the Whole30.  I'm currently 24 days in and going strong!  I've never felt so good, even if I do really miss red wine.  Only 6 more days! 
  • I also became a Beachbody Coach.  After using Shakeology for a year and loving it, I thought it was about time.  Reach out if you want information, support, or products - I'm happy to help!
This year, I'm going to try to keep this going.  Can't wait to see what adventures I encounter along the way! 


Cheers to 2017!

No comments: