In December I spent some time soul searching and I thought long and hard about how I wanted to prioritize my life and how I wanted to spend my time and energy in 2017. As a result, I have a lot of wonderful goals for 2017 that center around self-care, health, unplugging, and pursuing my passions.
In the spirit of starting anew, I'm going to restart this blog thing of mine to help keep me accountable.
- I've still been running a lot and I rounded out 2016 with about 875 miles. In 2016, I aim aiming for 1000 miles. Gotta keep moving forward, right?!
- To help fight seasonal laziness, I joined Classpass to get my butt off the couch and sweating in the winter. So far, my favorite places to go in Chicago are Flywheel, Shred415, and PureBarre.
- I've limited my use of social media to 2 times per day and have removed all of social media off of my phone. You would be so surprised what a difference that makes - outta sight, outta mind!
- I'm doing my best to be purposeful about who I spend my time with and also really trying to be present and in the moment when I am with friends and family.
- I am committed to dry January and the Whole30. I'm currently 24 days in and going strong! I've never felt so good, even if I do really miss red wine. Only 6 more days!
- I also became a Beachbody Coach. After using Shakeology for a year and loving it, I thought it was about time. Reach out if you want information, support, or products - I'm happy to help!
This year, I'm going to try to keep this going. Can't wait to see what adventures I encounter along the way!
Cheers to 2017!